Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Backstage Glimpses

I've seen so many pictures of Freja in the past few weeks that I just can't remember what's new and what's old. I think these are new backstage images, but I'm posting them here instead of at tFS just in case they are reposts.


Chloe



Karl Lagerfeld


Valentino

My mind is an absolute jumble of images. It's hard enough trying to keep up with all the collections, but this season I decided it would also be fun to keep up with as many new girls as I possibly can in addition to keeping tabs on Freja. Hence, my addiction to the Runway Model Showlist thread at tFS. I like to see how many girls I can identify in a show, and I've definitely gotten better since the start of the season but I'm still no match for the pros over there. Some of the posters are simply amazing in their identifying abilities. Face covered up? No problem. They'll just use the ears as a reference point.

Interestingly enough, after a while you start to see similar features in girls that look nothing alike. And you start to see certain facial feature paragons present throughout all the girls' faces no matter where they're from. It's quite the lesson in geography and anthropology, albeit not a very productive one. Oh well. At the very least, I can spell Eastern European last names like no other. Do you think I can put that on my resume?

Image Credits: corbis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...